Unlock Codes For Your Honda Radio/Navigation System
Honda Unlock Codes
If your battery died or disconnected you’ll need your Honda’s radio or navigation code to unlock and set it back up. There’s an easy way to find your vehicle’s navigation code without visiting your friendly neighborhood Honda Service Center. In order to unlock your Honda’s Radio/Nav system you’ll need your Honda’s VIN number and Serial Number of the device you want to unlock. Schedule service at Honda South, serving all of Atlanta.
Finding Your VIN Number
Find your 17-digit VIN Number by looking:
- At the base of your vehicle’s windshield, on the driver’s side
- On your vehicle’s registration
- On your insurance statement or proof-of-insurance card
- On your Honda Financial Services statement
- On new owner surveys or customer satisfaction surveys sent by American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Please Note: Valid VIN numbers use the letters A-Z and numbers 0-9, expect for the letters I, O, and Q. If the 17-digit VIN number is not working properly please check to make sure that the numbers and letters have not been accidentally inverted and you have not used the letter O in place of the number 0.
Finding Your Device’s Serial Number
There are a couple ways to find the Serial Number of the Device you Want to Unlock. Please be aware of the following when you first look for your Serial Number:
- If you own a 2013 – 2014 Odyssey or Pilot, they do not require a Radio/Navigation code for system initiation. Please refer to your Owner’s Manual for further instruction on Radio/Navigation system initiation.
- If you own any Honda model earlier than 2001, the serial number is located on the back of the device and you need to schedule a service visit with your local Honda dealer.
The first place to look is the anti-theft ID card that comes with the vehicle. It is usually placed in the glove box at the time of the delivery. For certain models, the dealer may have placed a label with the serial number on a sticker found inside the glove box.
If you own a year 2001 and later, you may obtain the serial number by looking at the device display
All Other Models
- Turn the ignition switch to ON.
- Turn ON the device and confirm that the display reads COdE. If you don?t see this message, pull the backup fuse for 1 minute, and then go back to step 1.
- Turn OFF the device.
- Press and hold the 1 and 6 radio preset buttons, and turn ON the device.
- The display toggles between two screens: U with the first 4 digits of the serial number (U2200 for example,)
- And L with the last 4 digits of the serial number (L0055 for example.)
- Ignore the U and L and record all 8 digits
2003 – 2007 Accord with Navigation System
- Turn the ignition switch to ACC (I).
- Turn on the audio unit, and make sure you see COdE in the upper display. If you don?t see this message, pull the backup fuse for 1 minute, and then go back to step 1.
- Turn off the audio unit.
- Press and hold the top halves of the SEEK/SKIP and CH/DISC bars, and then press and release the PWR/VOL knob. This display toggles between two screens.
- The first screen displays a U and the first four digits of the serial number (for example, U2200).
- The second screen displays an L and the last four digits of the serial number (for example, L0055).
- Ignore the U and L, and write down all eight digits.
Retrieving Your Unlock Code
Once you have all that information on hand, visit https://radio-navicode.honda.com/ during working hours and input the data in the “Get Codes” tab. The website?s working hours are: Monday through Friday 6am to 11pm (CDT), Saturdays 6am to 8:30pm (CDT), and Sundays 6am to 11pm (CDT). You will be requested to provide your current number and zip code. They will also require an email address so your confirmation number can be sent to you for your records.